The Lesson Planners are the worksheets that gather or fetch lesson plans based on your choice of fetching systems – Number System (NS) and Date System (DS). Obviously the lesson planners are an important part of the V Planner and to make the V Planner work well for you it is important to know about the controls on the lesson planners. On this page I will add a screenshot of the controls and describe each one. First I will list the lesson planners.
V Planner V4 has more lesson planners than V3. In V3, I added controls that will allow you to use either fetching system, NS or DS, for not only the entire planner, but for each subject on a subject by subject basis.
List of Planners
For Each Student
- Block Planner named Block#, the number being 1, 2, 3, or 4. [ Screenshot ]
- C Planner named C1, C2, C3, C4 [ Screenshot ] – a video and Help file – Using the C Planner
- List Planner named List1, List2, List3, List4 [ Screenshot ]
For All or Any Student(s)
- ALLBlock (V Planner 4 only)
- AU – [ Screenshot ] Read more AU in V Planner V4 and High School V Planner
- AUB – AUB in the High School V Planner
- AUD [ Screenshot – V4 ] AUD in the High School V Planner
About AUD in V Planner V4
About AUD in the High School V Planner
- AUC3 – AUC3 in the High School V Planner
- Sub-PR – A “Subject” Planner – This planner is based on PR-S and lacks all of the controls that are in the other lesson planners. Using it is like using PR-S. [ Screenshot ]
- PR-S, Print Any Subject Sheet which like, Sub-PR can display all lesson plans for one subject, but also displays grades. [ Screenshot ]
If you use lesson planning column 3 for teacher’s plans, use AUC3 for your teacher’s planner, but if you do not like how AUC3 is laid out, it is easy to make a planner to display the lesson planning column of your choice. Read how to do that here: Lesson Plan Columns to Planners
Lesson Planners in V Planners V3 and V4 have more controls than past V Planners. The same controls are present in the High School V planner. The controls are selection drop-down lists.
List of Controls
- Main Lesson Plan Fetching System Selection –
This is the Main System Selection. The choices are Date and Number. This control is typically located at the top.
–SETTING– If this selection is paired with Master DS/NS, then the main lesson plan fetching system will control the entire planner.
–SETTING– If this selection is paired with Override DS/NS, then the main lesson plan fetching system selection will control only the planner dates.
- Lesson Plan Fetching – Master or Override –
This selection is also at the top of the planners. The choices are Master DS/NS and Override DS/NS. This selection determines whether or not the main system selection (point 1 above) controls the entire lesson planner or just the dates.
- Show or Hide the 6th Day –
This selection is only present in the Block# lesson planners. Block planners control the lesson plans in the C# planners and this setting determines whether or not the 6th day is displayed. Show means the 6th day is displayed and Hide means it is not.
- Drop-Down List of Dates –
This is the Date selection drop-down list. When using the Date System anywhere on the lesson planner, a date must be selected from this list. The drop-down shown in the image above is the “Year#Top” list. That means it will display a few recent dates near the top of the list. If the school year has not started yet or if it is over, then not dates will be displayed in the special area at “Top”.
- Which List of Dates to Display in the Drop-Down List –
This selection allows you to choose between the “Top” date list or the regular date list. The Top date list has a few recent dates at the top. The regular list does not have the recent dates; it is simply a long list of school dates from the beginning. The recent dates for the “Top” list are controlled at the Block# planners.
- The Top-List Controls –
This control is only present on the Block# lesson planners. If you see it on the ALLBlock planner, ignore it. These controls, the Apart and the Start, determine what dates might appear in the “Top” list.
- The Apart Setting – This controls the number of days in between each date. Default setting is 5 and that is a good setting for those who usually have a 5-day school week.
- The Start setting controls the first day of the week for the first “Top” date. Default is Monday, but the setting does not always guarantee that Monday will be shown. If a Monday is not a school date, then it will not be shown.
- Showing and Hiding Lesson Plan Columns [Read More Details Here]
– On the S-Sheets there are 3 lesson plan columns into which you may enter plans. You may choose to use just one column or all three. There is a video that briefly covers that online at: V Planner – How Lesson Plan Columns are Handled in the Planners. At the Lesson Planners, you can choose to show or hide any of the lesson plan columns per subject. The settings are located on the right side in the list planner (pictured left) and on the left side in the Block planners (pictured right). The choices are simply S or H for each column, and for each subject.
[Read More Details Here about S/H]
- Short and Full –
The selection with the choices of Short and Full refer to the class names. Short displays the shortened version of the class name while Full displays the formal class name. This setting exists because sometimes class names are too long to display nicely on the planners.
Read More about Full or Short – Class Names on Lesson Planners
- NS, DS, and Override
In the same row as each subject is a drop-down list that has the options – NS and DS. This is a lesson plan fetching system for each subject. NS stands for Number System and DS stands for Date System. In order to use the subject by subject lesson plan fetching settings you must also select Override at the top of the lesson planner. In the case of the ALLBlock and AU planner, the Override setting must be selected (or not) for each student. This setting should be a great time saver and it took some creative formulating to make it happen.
- Making the Main Lesson Plan Fetching System control the entire lesson planner
If you want the system setting, Date or Number, to control the entire planner, then select the system and select Master DS/NS.
- Override and the Dates
When using override be certain that you do not forget to choose a system for the lesson planner dates. No matter which is selected, Master or Override, the Main System selection will place the planner dates. So- always make a choice at the Main System selection.
- If you choose Date, then select the dates from the dates drop-down.
- If you choose Number, go to the Days worksheet and select the dates with the number system.
The AU Planner is a lot different and has its own group of dependent worksheets. Start here to read about the AU Lesson Planner – AU – in V Planner V4 and High School V Planner and watch this video – The New AU Lesson Planners in V Planner V4 – 4:14 Minutes
The C# Planner, named C1, C2, C3, and C4 is also different. C# gets its lesson plans from the Block# planner and it is important to know that to avoid confusion. The special thing about the C# planner is that it is a fancy list type that allows you to —
- Display lesson plans “in line” or with line breaks
- Add a comment to each subject
- Add an extra check-off area to each group of lesson plans
C Planner Controls
- F2 – insert a Character number (see the char worksheet), it cannot be left blank. This character controls the space in front of your comment that you can type into column D.
- For Each Subject in column D, you can type in a comment.
- For each subject in column E, you can enter a character from the Char list. This controls the space after each group of lesson plans
- For each subject in column F, you can enter a type of check-off box or leave it blank. This controls the space after each group of lesson plans
I know many of you prefer the Number System and below are the settings for a fully NS lesson planner.
The Settings for a Number System Lesson Planner
A Fully Number System lesson planner should have these settings:
Number System at the main system selection along with Master DS/NS
I know some of you prefer the Date System and below are the settings for a fully DS lesson planner.
The Settings for a Date System Lesson Planner
A Fully Date System lesson planner should have these settings:
Date System at the main system selection along with Master DS/NS