The Homeschool Lesson Planner is a type of V Planner. This planner manages lesson plans but it does not manage grades. If you do not keep grade records or if you use something else for grade records, then this is the right V Planner for you. Without the grade system, the Homeschool Lesson Planner is the easiest V Planner to set up and to use.
An s-sheet is pictured here; click to see the full size image.
About the Homeschool Lesson Planner
- The Homeschool Lesson Planner is a V Planner, but not The V Planner
- The Homeschool Lesson Planner does not keep grade records, if you need grade records, use the V Planner or use a different method for grade records.
- The planner is for up to four children for one year
- You may download a fresh copy of the planner each year
- The planner supports up to 10 subjects for each child
- Each subject planner worksheet has 3 lesson planning columns
- The planner contains several lesson planner worksheets, most are printable
- The lesson plans can be sent to the lesson planners two ways – by date or by number
- Homeschool Lesson Planner V4 includes the new AU lesson planners
Homeschool Lesson Planner – A Brief Overview – 2:52 Minutes
Additional information is below the video.
Set up the Homeschool Lesson Planner
Setting up the Homeschool Lesson Planner is very much like the V Planner with a few exceptions and so when using the V Planner V4 setup article as your guide, ignore the parts that are related to other courses, grades, terms, and split s-sheets because this planner does not have those items.
- Fill out Data, and then the necessary Data# worksheets (Data1, Data2, Data3, Data4). A formula attempts to let you know which ones to fill out
- Set up the School Calendar at the Days worksheet
- Enter lesson plans at the subject sheets (s-sheets).
See this video – How Lesson Plan Columns are Handled in the Planners
This video explains how the 3 columns of lesson plans are handled in the planners. Please watch this video before adding lesson plans to the S-Sheets. [March – 2013]
Using the Lesson Planners
In order to take full advantage of any V Planner, one needs to understand how the two lesson plan fetching systems work. Below I have linked three videos that show how to use the Number System and Date System.
OLD- The Two Planner Systems in V Planner V2.5 – while columns & planners have changed, the HOW-TO is the same-
Important to know – This video talks about the two lesson plan fetching systems in the V Planner 2.5. [Sept – 2012]
NEW- Master/Override Drop-down V Planner V3 and up
How to Use the Master/Override Drop-down in the Lesson Planners- Video – 1:03 Minutes- V3 [April – 2013]
NEWEST- The New AU Lesson Planners in V Planner V4
This video explains howto use the new AU lesson planners that are in V4. This also explains the setting that is in cell B3 in all of the S-Sheets. [March – 2014]
Because the Homeschool Lesson Planner V4 is based on the V Planner V4 , then some V Planner V3 and non-grade related V4 help files apply. Ignore the parts that are either absent or different.