French Bread Sandwiches
..the broiler method
Slice the French bread loaf open like one big bun and add your favorite lunch meats and raw vegetables. Here's the way I usually make it
- One French bread loaf - unsliced
- Ham sandwich meat
- Roast beef sandwich meat
- Cheddar cheese (or Monterey Jack or both)
- Onion slices - separated into rings - optional
- Bell pepper slices - optional
- Tomato slices - optional- see more vegetables listed below
Slice the French bread and lay it open on a large cookie sheet, cut sides up.
On one side spread on some mustard and if your family likes it, spread mayonnaise on the other side.
Place, on the mustard, two layers of ham sandwich meat and on top of the ham, place two layers of roast beef sandwich meat.
On top of the mayonnaise, place one layer of cheddar cheese. On top of the cheddar add 4 or 5 thinly sliced onions rings (not solid slabs, unless that is what you like), and 4 or 5 thinly sliced bell pepper rings.
Put this in the middle of the oven and turn on the broiler. Do not raise your rack for this. Allow it to stay in the oven just until the cheese melts.
Remove the sandwich from the oven and add anything else that your family likes such as pickles, jalapenos slices, mushrooms, avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, black pepper. Close the sandwich and slice it into 2-inch pieces.
Serves 4 - 6
Recipe Links - or see All Links
- Chili Con Carne
- Chicken Basil Fettuccine
- Chicken Salad
- Beef and Potatoes Skillet Dish
- Porcupine Balls[ground beef]
- Skillet Spaghetti
- Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
- Spaghetti- Pie 2 with Photos canned sauce
- Spaghetti Pie- homemade sauce
- Sliced London Broil
- Tuna Plate
- French Bread Sandwiches
- Quick Bean Burritos
- Main Dish Dinner Salad
- Leek Soup with Bacon and Potatoes
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tomato Soup - from juice
- Cabbage Celery Soup
- Plain Potato Soup
- Donna's Potato Salad
- Green Salad
- Taco Salad
- Green Beans and Potatoes
- Potatoes, Boiled II and Steamed