Homemade jerky. For long term storage place in refrigerator.
- 1 pound very lean round or flank steak (or very lean ground beef)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (add more for hotter jerky)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Round or flank steak: Remove all fat and
marinate for an hour. Place the meat in the freezer. When the meat is
semi-frozen remove it and slice into strips that are 3/8 to 1/4 of an inch
thick. TIP: for chewy jerky cut along grain; for tender jerky, cut across
grain. Lay on dehydrator trays. Don't overlap.
Ground beef: add marinade to beef and press beef between two sheets of waxed paper until around 3/8 - 1/4 of an inch. Peel off top paper. Cut beef into strips with pizza cutter and lay on dehydrator trays. Don't overlap.
Dry at 145 for 8 to 10 hours, or until jerky bends like a green willow without breaking.
*Turn meat at least once during drying process.
Recipe from: Harvest Maid
Recipe Links - or see All Links
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peanut Butter Cookies - Gluten Free
- Lemon Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
- Rice Crispy Treats
- Spicy Popcorn