Crustless Quiche Lorraine with Bacon
Use a large (11 inch) quiche dish. No one at our house misses the crust. Going crustless is an easy solution to the varied requirements at our house of gluten-free and lowered carb diets.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces, around 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (or substitute 1/8 cup finely chopped onion)
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Swiss Cheese, divided
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease quiche dish with butter.
Fry bacon and green onions together until bacon is done. Sprinkle cooked bacon and onions in the bottom of the greased quiche dish. Top with 1 cup of the Swiss cheese.
In a bowl, Stir together the beaten eggs, cream, salt, pepper, paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Pour into the quiche dish; try not to dislodge the bacon. Top with the remaining 1 cup of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.