My daughter and I occasionally have these for lunch. This recipe yields enough for 4 wraps which is enough for two people as long as the only side is fresh fruit. Serve with water or unsweetened tea.
- 1/4 cup of cubed tomato
- 1/3 cup or so of thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 large chicken breast (This is actually 1/2 of a chicken breast or one side of a chicken breast) Trim the chicken and slice into small bite-sized pieces
- 4 teaspoons sour cream
- Picante sauce or salsa – around 3-4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (Choose a package that is floppy, if the package of tortillas feels firm, then the tortillas will be stuck together.)
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
Add the oil to a frying pan. With a spatula, spread the oil over the inside bottom of the pan. Heat the pan to medium and add the chicken, stir and flip as needed. After the chicken is around half-way done sprinkle chili powder over the chicken, add enough to mostly cover it. Sprinkle on a little cumin powder and then later, salt the chicken to taste.
While chicken is cooking, warm the four tortillas. I have a flat-top stove and I warm them right on a stove eye set just a little more than low. Warm the tortillas in the way you typically warm them.
When the chicken is done and the tortillas warms add to each tortilla:
- Spread a teaspoon, more or less, of sour cream on the tortilla, covering most of the surface
- Add 1/4th of the lettuce
- Add 1/4th of the tomatoes
- Add 1/4th of the chicken
- Add a spoonful or two of picante sauce
Roll up the tortillas and serve.
Serve with fresh fruit.
Other ingredients that would be good on the wraps:
Avocado slices or guacamole
Fried rice or refried beans
Sliced or diced jalapeño peppers
|Information provided by calorie-count.comNutrition Grade: A|