This recipe adds a touch of spiciness to plain canned pinto beans. Use the refried beans in “Tex-Mex” style dishes. Today I will add some to the Chicken Wraps. I just made up the recipe today for our lunch and the leftovers will be added to the Nachos that I plan to serve this weekend.
- 1-15 ounce can of plain pinto beans, undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 8-10 canned jalapeño pepper slices
- 1-2 fresh tomato slices – around 1-2 tablespoons diced tomato
- Dash of salt if using fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl or a saucepan and heat (or microwave) until thoroughly warm. Use in dishes that call for refried beans. Refrigerate leftovers.
To use this for bean dip, add an extra 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder, more slices of canned jalapeño pepper slices, and an ounce or two of sharp cheddar cheese before processing.
|Nutrition facts provided by calorie-count.com.This information is based on the recipe above being 6 servings.Nutritional Grade: A|