The Other Courses worksheet allows you to create a record of courses that are taken outside of the home AND such courses that are not using an S-Sheet. These would be courses for which you make no lesson plans.
Because Other Courses do not use S-Sheets, the classes listed at Other Courses will not appear on the Lesson Planners. If you need to schedule Other Courses appointments that will appear on a lesson planner, then please use the Calendar for that.
How to Enter Classes for Other Courses
- Select a school term – Full Year, 1st Semester, or 2nd Semester
- Fill in class names, up to six
- Enter credits, if using credits
- Up to 7 book titles may be entered for each class, but lower down the Data# worksheet. The book titles are picked up by the course of study worksheet.
Complete Setup at Other Courses
Complete setup at the other courses worksheet.
- Column B – Select the grade scale from a drop-down list in column B. The grade scales are posted on the page for your reference.
- Column R – If using credits – select the QP scale for the drop-down list in column R.
Grades – All the class progresses, enter term averages under the term dates in the same row as the class. While the “in-school” score areas are highlighted in blue, scores placed in the gray cells in columns D through I will appear and be counted in the reports.
This is both good and bad-
- good because scores placed anywhere in columns D through I will be counted and you are not constrained by the “in-school” dates
- bad only if one places a score in the area that is not supposed to be there
Date Completed – At the end of the class, enter the date under Date Completed.
Hours – If you are counting hours, the total amount of hours spent in the class should be entered under Hours.