Another "Talking to myself" post about grocery shopping. I copied, then edited, this from my other blog. I usually don’t do that, but then I rarely post in my other blog.
It’s time for another buy one get one free bunch of deals at Bi-Lo through March 30, 2010. Out of the list, I’d probably use:
- Southern Home Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Boneless Beef Sirloin Tip Roast
- Doritos, 11.5-12 oz [for John & company mostly]
That seems to be all. I notice there are meatballs by Armour and by Shady Brook on the list. I would have to check the ingredients for wheat beofre buying those [my family likes meatballs]. If it contains wheat, I can’t buy them. My gluten-intorant son can eat Farmrich brand meatballs, “the original”, I think. I’ve yet to look for those. He bought some recently and now he is out of meatballs.
Some of the other items on sale that I might look into purchasing are:
- Southern Home Ham Shank – It’s $0.99 a pound. (The spiral sliced is $1.79 a pound)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs – 6-pack is 2 for $5. My kids really like those.
- The Supreme Clean Disinfecting Wipes are 2 for $4. I am in dire need of at least one container. I use them to wipe around the top & sides of the kitty litter box.
- Oh my, Sunshine Cheez-It are 2 for $5. I love those crackers but I avoid them with all my might.
- Hmm, Kraft Velveeta Cheese Loaf is 3.39 for the 16 oz. loaf. My son likes to make cheese dip with that stuff.
- Southern Home Vegetables, 32 oz. Select Varieties are 2/$5. That’s not bad.
- Hillshire Deli Select Sandwich Meats are 3/$10. I don’t know how good that is. If I can get pastrami and peppercorn turkey, then I might get some.
- T-Bone Steaks in the value pack are $5.99 a pound. I could go for a good steak.
- Scott Bath Tissue- 8-roll pack is $5.99. I should get some while they are marked down. [Save up to $3.83]
- They have purple or orange cauliflower! 2 for $5
- Beefsteak Tomatoes are $1.99 a pound. I wonder if they taste good yet?
- Jonathan Apples are marked down. I should get some. I am out of apples.
I guess that is it.
— Donna —