Nature Journal- Specimen Page
This specimen is a set of butterfly wings that we found on the ground. They are glued to a yellow card.
Like the previous specimen page examples, this one is made from archival photograph holders. This one is designed for vertical 3 1/2" x 5" prints.
To make it, I folded the photo page in half and secured the other side with tape.
I trimmed the top, but not flush. I made the top so that the upper pocket would have a flap that could fold into the pocket. The flap secures the specimen card and prevents it from falling out the top.
This specimen page uses all four sleeves from a photo sheet. The top is trimmed in a way so that the excess height is made into flaps that is folded and inserted into the top sleeves.
September 30th, 2008
Our Nature Journal Links
- Nature Journal
- Nature Journal Tabs
- Tabs - How to Make the Dividers
- Specimen Page
- Specimen Page - Leaves
- Specimen Page - Flower
- Specimen Page - Wings
- Nature Journal Drawings and Details
- Nature Journal Garden Plant Page
- Nature Journal Weather Page
- Nature Journal Bird Feeder Page
- Nature Journal Back Cover
- Related in Some Way
- Full Sized Paper - Printable Nature Journal
- 1/2-Sized Paper - Printable Nature Journal
- Nature Study - Measuring the Shadows
- A Child's Simple Folded Nature Journal
- Spined Soldier Bug
- Taking Photos through a Microscope
- Lady Beetle Metamorphosis
- Lunar Eclipse & Drawing Exercise
- Video: Playing Dead, by a False Potato Beetle
- Video: Monarch Butterfly Emerging
- Pringles Can Viewer and Constellation Slides