Recipe makes 2 servings. This is a variation of Eggs Benedict.
Ingredients - per serving
- 2 English muffins
- 4 teaspoons butter - softened
- 4 slices of cooked Canadian bacon
- 4 scrambled eggs (or poached)
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 tomato slices
Split the English muffins and butter each piece. Place the English muffins under the broiler until lightly browned. Remove from broiler, but leave on the broiler pan.
On each of the four halves of the English muffin place in this order- one slice of Canadian bacon, one poached eggs, one slice of cheddar cheese, and one tomato slice.
Place the English muffins back under the broiler until the cheddar cheese melts.
How to Poach an Egg
Grease a saucepan. Add no more than 2 inches of water to the pan. Bring the water to a simmer - not boiling, but a simmer, which is indicated by tiny bubbles breaking the surface of the water. Break one egg into a saucer or a small shallow bowl. Hold the saucer close to the simmering water and let the egg slide into the water. Simmer for 5 minutes or to the degree of doneness that you like. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon.
To poach several eggs do the same as above with a pan that is large enough for the amount of eggs that you want to poach.
Recipe Links - or see All Links
- Chili Con Carne
- Chicken Basil Fettuccine
- Chicken Salad
- Beef and Potatoes Skillet Dish
- Porcupine Balls[ground beef]
- Skillet Spaghetti
- Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
- Spaghetti- Pie 2 with Photos canned sauce
- Spaghetti Pie- homemade sauce
- Sliced London Broil
- Tuna Plate
- French Bread Sandwiches
- Quick Bean Burritos
- Main Dish Dinner Salad
- Leek Soup with Bacon and Potatoes
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Tomato Soup - from juice
- Cabbage Celery Soup
- Plain Potato Soup
- Donna's Potato Salad
- Green Salad
- Taco Salad
- Green Beans and Potatoes
- Potatoes, Boiled II and Steamed